About the Role
Our client is recruiting for a Process Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support in the execution of projects, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Carry out technical investigations, including development of computer programs, and produce technical reports as and when required.
• Ensure that the requirements of Licensor’s / Client’s Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed.
• Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Procedures are followed during the execution of all contracts and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all process engineering work.
• Carry out design work of a unit or units as required by the Lead Process Engineer in accordance with the agreed project schedule.
• Advise the Lead / HOD Process Engineer of any slippages, their causes and proposed corrective action and notify of all deficiencies in the flow of data required for execution.
• Carry out simulations of processes using simulation packages such as Aspen, Pro II and Hysys Review simulations.
• Using the basis of design advised by the Lead Process Engineer, make detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for and review the accuracy of these calculations.
• Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used meet the Client’s requirements and/or those issued by HOD South Africa.
• Prepare process flow diagrams, equipment specifications and process descriptions for review and approval by the Lead Process Engineer.
• Complete thermal designs / ratings for shell and tube exchangers and air coolers and thermal design data sheets for review and approval by the Lead Process Engineer.
• Prepare process specifications for instrumentation and control for review and approval by the Lead Process Engineer Assist as required in the preparation of control narratives
• Prepare hazardous area classification notes and review engineering flow diagrams (EFD’s) for review by the Lead Process Engineer.
• Prepare contract engineering design (CED’s) documents, as required, to communicate changes / design information and participate in review of project model
• Prepare process summaries and schedules (effluents & emissions, chemicals & catalysts, utilities, battery limits and, relief and blowdown)
• On request, review Supplier’s quotations from a process engineering standpoint on order placement, review Supplier drawings and documents and provide comments
• Act on comments from reviews and studies to close out all actions arising from these reviews and studies.
BSc, BEng, BTech (Chemical)
7-10 Years minimum experience
Analytical thinking - Ability to identify issues, obtains relevant information, and identify alternative solutions.
Communication - Ability to present information to individuals or groups
Decision making - Knowledge of and ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action.
Problem solving - Ability to identify problems and determine possible solution.
Training - Ability to lead and guide others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work.