About the Role
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Principal Piping Designers on a contract basis, who have extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Keep informed of development in the field of computer and CAD applications as applicable to the Piping Drawing Office.
• Keep abreast of discipline developments, new technologies and techniques.
• Carry out technical investigations, produce technical reports as and when required.
• Advise the Chief Piping Designer of manpower requirements to meet work schedules within the budget allocation.
• Updating of Piping Drawing Office procedures, standards and specifications.
• Responsible for the correct interpretation and execution of all piping CAD functions within the Piping Drawing Office.
• Prepare document indices for projects to ensure that the scope of work is planned economically and that target dates are known.
• Submit monthly progress reports and drawing indices to the Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager.
• Approve and sign all drawings and documents requiring the piping designer authorisation, prior to design and construction release.
• Review requests for changes and if outside the scope of work, submit to the relevant Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager an estimate of manhours, costs and any effect to programme.
• Raise change flages when required, for work considered outside the original scope. Submit as approved, to the relevant Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager.
• Review all information available for each phase of the project and report on delays in receipt of information.
• Responsible for ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, specifications, procedures, etc produced within the Piping Drawing Office.
• Responsible for the execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and standards, within the manhour and cost budgets and project schedules.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to clients and project standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that contract procedures on safety and quality control are followed.
• Responsible for adherence to company Engineering Procedure for Design Safety and to ensure the adoption of safe attitudes towards piping design and that features affecting the safety and integrity of the projects are reviewed by appropriately authorized engineers from other groups/departments.
Minimum 12 Years experience
Smart Plant 3D knowledge
AutoCAD software knowledge