About the Role
Our client is recruiting for a Planning Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support in the execution of projects, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule, etc.
• Work within standard project planning / scheduling procedures and ensure that these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements.
• Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures
• Prepare and issue of: overall project schedule, project network, manpower projection plan, critical equipment lists / schedules, progress 's' curves and tabulations, man-hour / manpower histograms, short term look ahead schedules and, monthly progress report including narrative.
• Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation and agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary.
• Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
• Prepare and issue project action reports (monthly) to Project Manager
• Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition and prepare forecasts of trends.
• Ensure for allocated projects, all planning reports and deliverables are accurate and issued on time.
• Act as a sponsor to trainees when nominated, regularly review progress and make periodic reports to the Chief Planning Engineer.
• Perform any other functions as directed by the Project Controls Manager
• Ensure key planning and duration statistics of the project has been populated into the Project Statistics Database on an ongoing basis, both budget/original plan and actual.
• Ensure claims for extension of time are developed using detailed analysis of available data and are accompanied by schedules/programmes that definitively prove valid claims to extension of time in accordance with the contractual framework of the project.
BSC Engineering Degree /National Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
Atleast 3 - 8 years of experience in the petrochemical/oil and gas industry
Competent/proficient user of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word, MS Projects and Primavera software.
Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Access
Exposure to dealing with contractors and vendors and dealing with extension of time claims.