About the Role
Our client in the mining industry is looking for an Employee Relations Manager with a minimum of +10 years of experience, duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Keep abreast of changes in relevant guidelines and other legislation, to make recommendations where policies, processes and/or procedures require amendment.
• Develop, implement, and maintain effective employee relations (ER) strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and values.
• Analyze all relevant department data and report on departmental trends and operating requirements to determine funding requirements for the financial year.
• Create and maintain a conducive work environment by appropriately applying Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure optimum performance is realized.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure information, advice or opinions on relevant matters is made available and/or communicated with all relevant stakeholders.
• Utilize opportunities presented to enhance the relationship between management, unions and employees, and implement processes to maximize a collaborative working relationship.
• Stay up to date with South African labour laws, regulations, and industry standards to ensure the company's policies and practices are compliant with relevant legislation.
Employee Relations Management
• Facilitate the resolution of employee grievances and workplace disputes in a fair and impartial manner, by promoting open communication and constructive problem-solving that will build a more transparent, objective, and inclusive culture.
• Participate in collective bargaining negotiations with labour unions to establish and maintain a productive working relationship between the company and its workforce.
• Mediate and resolve conflicts between employees or between employees and management, to ensure that all conflict resolutions are conducted in a fair and just manner.
• Conduct employee surveys to gather feedback and identify areas for improvement in ER and organizational culture.
• Bachelor ‘s Degree (NQF7) in Employee Relations and Labour Law
• Minimum of 10 years Human Resources or Employee Relations experience within the Mining Industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment law
• Minimum 3-5 years of labour relations experience including exposure to CCMA, arbitrations, and unions.
• Proficient in labour relations and bargaining councils
• Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Advanced MS office knowledge