About the Role
Our client is currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Design and approval of all Instrument work on assigned projects.
• Preparation and approval of project-related standards, philosophies, and job notes.
• Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted manhours.
• Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer to see that all dates, rates of progress, and design periods are realistic.
• Prepare and approve project-specific standards and job procedures,
• Reflect control and instrument requirements on project MFD’s / P&ID’s utilising ISA standards and symbology and client standards where applicable.
• Prepare project instrument index reflecting all instrumentation requirements inclusive of instrument type selection compliant to process criteria.
• Check and approve the drawing index for Instrument drawings.
• Develop and approve control/safety requirements and philosophies for ESD/DCS systems and generate contract requisitions.
• Attend and coordinate system FAT/SATs.
• Design and requisition Instrumentation. This includes instrument size and protection methodology calculations and verification checks.
• Assist the designers with the preparation of Instrument drawings and provide C&I input.
• Review and approve all Instrument drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
• Prepare technical bid analysis for Instrumentation.
• Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
• Assist Procurement Department with expediting supplier documents.
• Review and approve supplier documents for Instrumentation and distribute.
• Review in conjunction with the Procurement Department all claims by suppliers for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
• Give guidance to clients, project engineers, other specialist engineers, and inspectors on Instrument engineering matters. Review Instrument aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
• Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
• Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
• Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for the execution of work.
• Provide progress report information, at the required frequency and with the required content, to the Project Engineer.
• Provide information where necessary to estimate the cost of contract changes, Alert the Project Engineer / Project Manager to circumstances considered to be subject to contract change.
• Follow up on Instrumentation construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation.
• Keep abreast of development in the Instrument engineering field.
• Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
• Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chief Instrument Engineer.
BSc, BEng or BTech/NDip
In-Tools 6.0 or Higher
5 -8 Years of experience in the Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry or similar sector